ISLP is pleased to announce the International Poster Competition for 2018-2019.
- Teams of 2−5 students (we do not allow posters made by only one student)
- Three divisions:
- students born in 2003 and younger (lower secondary or upper comprehensive school)
- students born in 2000 and younger (upper secondary school)
- undergraduate students in university/college (Bachelor’s degree students or equivalent)
- The competition challenges students to conduct a mini survey on the topic of their choice and present the survey process and the results on a statistical poster.
- There is no particular theme or topic required for a poster to be eligible. However, posters should reflect or illustrate usage, analysis, interpretation and communication of statistics or statistical information and findings.
- Data used can be collected by students or previously published by someone else (if the data is published, the source must be cited in the poster)
- Posters can be in Mongolian and English
- Posters must be blind i.e. they must not contain any information about students or schools who have submitted them
- Posters must be the original design and creation of students
- Posters must be two-dimensional (one single sheet) and one-sided: maximum size is A1 (841 mm x 594 mm or 33.1 in x 23.4 in) and maximum file size is 10 MB. In case of an electronic poster, the font size should be such that if it was printed in A1, it would be readable from 2 metres (7 feet) away.
- Posters received after the established deadline will not be considered for the competition
Participants should submit before 25th March 2019 to National Statistics Office of Mongolia and national winner will be announced on 29th March 2019.
The winning posters will participate in the international competition, the winners of which will be displayed at the World Statistics Congress of the ISI in Malaysia in August 2019.
More information about the Poster Competition on the ISLP homepage:
In the International competition, prizes for both lower and upper secondary school categories are: €450 for 1st, €350 for 2nd, €200 for 3rd team. In the university category, the prize for the international winner is €2000.
Address: No. 114, Government Building 3, National Statistics Office
Phone: (976-11) -329125, 99186400 / working hours /