1. Type of statistical data
Statistical data shall be in official and administrative type. The National Statistical office, ministries and other state organizations and Governors of all level produce official statistics.
2. System of official statistics and the basis for its production
Official statistics include following indicators:
• Macro economics statistical indicators:
1. Gross domestic products;
2. inflation rate, consumer price;
5. balance of payment;
6. number of unemployed;
7. monetary, loans and stock exchange;
8. state and local budget revenue and expenditure;
9. Indicators of productivity.
• Population and social statistics;
1. Total population, its age and sex structure
2. fertility, mortality, natural increase,
3. marriage and divorce;
4. economically active population and employees;
5. household and population income, expenditure and consumption;
6. nutrition and calorie
7. living standards and poverty;
8. Average salary and income
9. educational level of population, number of schools and teachers,
10. Pupils and students;
11. health of the population and number of hospitals;
12. Housing fund and number of houses put into operation;
13. number of receivers of pensions and allowances, its amount;
14. number of museums, libraries, and their treasuries;
15. number of newspapers, magazines, and movies produced;
16. length of working day,
17. Industrial accident, professional diseases and acute poisoning;
18. Labor dispute.
• Industry,science and technology statistics:
1. Number of livestock and other domestic animals;
2. number of livestock fences and wells;
3. main outputs of agricultural sector;
4. sown areas, crops, harvest, hay, fodder;
5. Industrial products and sales;
6. output of main industrial commodities;
7. Construction and installation work;
8. main indicators of transport, carried freight, number of passangers, freight and passenger turnover;
9. communication service revenue, number of telephones and radio;
10. main export and import commodities and their volume;
11. Income from tourism sector and number of tourists;
12. number of licenses and new products;
13. Expenditure for scientific research, testing and invention
• Judicial statistics:
1. Number of crimes;
2. Number of persons sentenced, by age and sex;
3. Damage amount due to crimes;
4. number of bankrupt enterprises;
5. Indicator for administrative and civil offences;
• Environmental statistics:
1. land protection and damage;
2. stock of safe water, water utilization, water pollution, water cleaning, and water wastage;
3. air pollution;
4. forest protection, redemiation;
5. Number of protected wild animals and hunting.
• The relevant ministries and agencies are responsible for their own administrative statistics and for submitting to the NSO of Mongolia, such as money, loan, finance, custom, tax, environment, art, culture, education, science and technology, health, social welfare and judicial statistics.
3. Census and survey conducting
• National Statistical office shall conduct following censuses and surveys:
o Population and Housing Census of Mongoliaa in every 10 years, inter-census survey in every 5 years;
o Input and output tables, Supply and Use table in every 5 years;
o Livestock and domestic animal census in every year;
o Household Income and expenditure survey in every quarter;
o Living standard measurement sample survey in every 3 years;
o Reproductive Health sample survey every 5 years;
o Employment sample survey in every quarter;
o Child Development survey in every 4 years;
o Enterprise and establishment survey in every 5 years;
o Animal fence, well and fodder census in every 3 years;
o Time Use sample survey in every 4 years by quarters.
• When necessary, the Government or the NSO makes proposal on the change in timing of above mentioned censuses and surveys or conduct census and survey not listed, but the proposal should be subject to approval by the Parliament.
• The required funding for censuses and surveys is to be allocated to the annual budget of NSO.
• The National Statistica office conducts census ans surveys in correlation with the main guideline of economic and social development.